Kamlok & Dry Disconnects
Safe, efficient systems for the loading and unloading of critical hazardous fluid materials.
A Comprehensive Line of Quick Disconnect Products
OPW Engineered Systems offers the most comprehensive line of quick disconnect products in a wide variety of sizes and configurations.
OPW’s Kamlok® Quick Disconnects are the industry standard in cam and groove couplers for safety and ease of use. All OPW Kamloks feature the exclusive Twin-Kam™ arm design to help prevent accidental release, and Spring-Ring™ to ensure proper position of finger rings for ease of operation.
The Industry Standard in Dry Disconnect Couplings
The OPW Engineered Systems’ Kamvalok® dry disconnect is designed to automatically shut off in the event of an accidental disconnection of the coupler and adaptor.
Should the Kamvalok be accidentally disconnected due to operator error or accident while the handle is in the open position and product flow is in progress, the poppet in the adaptor will automatically close and the seal cylinder will immediately stop flow through the coupler.
Kamvaloks are used at transfer points where product loss is unacceptable. Common applications include paint, lacquers, inks, adhesives, fatty acids, pharmaceuticals, liquid soaps, petroleum products, solvents, ag-chemicals, and many acids and caustics.
Why should you use Kamvalok?
- If your product is corrosive, toxic, caustic or otherwise harmful, Kamvaloks will reduce the hazard associated with the transfer of these products.
- If your product is a VOC (volatile organic compound) that has a high vapor pressure and tends to evaporate quickly, Kamvaloks will keep the product in-line and out of the air.
- Kamvaloks will contain fugitive emissions, transfer VOCs without vapor loss, help keep employees out of harm’s way and help promote responsible environmental management.
Self-Locking Couplers for an Added Level of Safety
Autolok® quick disconnects are self-locking couplers that provide an added level of safety and convenience at the fluid connection.
Autolok’s patented locking mechanism, built into the coupling arm, means you simply snap the locking arms shut with one smooth motion and the coupler stays secure and shut until you unlock it. No clips, pins or buttons.
- Extra Protection – Self-locking arms, featuring exclusive Twin-Kam™ design provides extra protection against accidental release or uncoupling.
- Easy Operation – Arms lock automatically with a positive click. Release requires only an easy tug on the patented lock release mechanism. No clips to insert or remove. No spring-loaded button to push.
- Durable and Efficient – Designed to ensure optimum flow rates. The heavy-duty, 316 stainless steel construction adds extra durability in harsh environments.
- Autolok Patented Arms – Close just like a regular quick coupler but then lock themselves automatically.
- Spring-Ring™ Finger Rings – Patented design keeps rings from getting trapped under the arms, making secure closing a snap. An easy tug on the rings release and open the coupling.
- Heavy-Duty Construction – Available in 316 stainless steel.
- Guaranteed For Life (GFL™) Arms – If our exclusive Twin-Kam arms ever break, they are replaced for free.
EPSILON Coupling System
Prevent Chemical Spills and Reduce Fugitive Emissions of VOCs
The EPSILON® Coupling System is designed to prevent chemical spills and reduce fugitive emissions of volative organic compounds (VOCs), particulary in the process facility and during transfer to and from tank trucks and tank cars. EPSILON applications include bulk storage, in-plant processing, reactor units, filtration units, tank cars and railcars.
During in-plant chemical transfers, the EPSILON® Chemical Containment System will provide your plant with process flexibility while improving operator safety, enhancing environmental compliance and reducing overall capital expenditures and operating costs.
- Dry Disconnect Reliability – Low spill face seal reduces amount of loss upon disconnect.
- Enhanced Environmental Compliance – Positive shut-off of coupling halves eliminates line contamination and accidental release of potentially hazardous fluids into the environment during connection and disconnection.
- Full Flow – Straight-through flow path provides unrestricted flow in either direction, minimizing pressure drop.
- Unparalleled Safety – Multiple safety interlocks eliminate unintentional spills and catastrophic chemical releases that threaten worker safety and the environment.
- Prevents Cross-Contamination – Optional keyed couplings mechanically lock out and isolate transfer lines.
- Spring-energized TFM or PFA U-cup sealing
- Male and female lug and flange connection interfaces
- Independent and multi-level safety interlocks
- Polyurethane dust cap or stainless steel pressure cap
- Available in 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″ and 3″
- Available in stainless steel and Hastelloy®
- FDA-compliant seal materials
Why Choose Peerless?
As a leader in safety, Peerless understands the importance of building safe, reliable components that last for years to come.
More About Us
Peerless was founded in 1914 by three business partners but in 1917, a leading stockholder named John C. McKendry was named company president. Now more than 100 years later, Peerless is still owned and operated by the McKendry family and John’s great-grandson David is leading the way.
With extensive partnerships reaching over 200 manufacturers, we would like nothing more than to be your trusted resource for industrial flow component supplies. We can help you build safe, trusted piping systems you can rely on for years to come.
Have questions about Kamlok & Dry Disconnects?
Our mechanical engineers are ready for challenging specifications.