In this video, Frank Caprio from Hose Master provides tips on how to accurately measure hose lengths for flexible metal hose assemblies:
- Overall length (total assembly length including fittings) vs live length (the flexible hose length in the assembly).
- Measuring JIC fitting lengths: measuring to the seat of the flare seat vs. the overall fitting length, and which is preferred.
- How to measure assemblies with pipe elbows on one or both ends, in order to conform to prevalent piping codes.
- Make sure hoses are laid out flat and straight, without any kinks that may prevent accurate length measurement.
- Stripwound hose assemblies should be measured in their relaxed state (midway between fully extended and fully compressed).
Hose Master is North America’s largest manufacturer of flexible metal hose and metal bellows expansion joints. With headquarters in Cleveland, OH and regional facilities in Houston TX, Atlanta GA, and Reno NV, their facilities span over 450,000 square feet of manufacturing, engineering, and sales space.